The NYSCA staff works hard to ensure that our grant guidelines are as thorough as possible, answering crucial questions that may come up during the application period and providing step-by-step instructions with photos to ease the process. However, we recognize that it may be useful to have a quick overview of what kinds of projects are eligible in each category, in addition to the full guidelines.
For this purpose, we have created Guidelines-at-a-Glance. Every day for the next three weeks, we will share one entry summarizing one of the 15 NYSCA Programs open for application. At the end of this period, we will also share a document compiling all the Guidelines-at-a-Glance. In addition to eligible projects listed, programs except Facilities and Individual Artists offer General Operating Support.
Today, we focus on Theatre:
- Professional Performances
- Professional theatre companies and multidisciplinary arts organizations that stage 1+ annual public production(s). NYSCA encourages emerging theatre companies that demonstrate artistic potential and/or accomplishment.
- Funding can be directed toward artists’ fees or salaries and production expenses.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate in their budgets that fees are paid to artistic personnel, including actors.
- Services to the Field
- Supports service organizations and activities that provide managerial, artistic or information services to individual theatre artists and/or organizations.
- Includes publications, professional development through workshops, symposia and roundtables, managerial support, information resources, projects that utilize technology, subsidized space for rehearsals and performances, festivals, and initiatives extending beyond the scope of an organization’s general programming.
- Applicants must be able to document a history of providing service(s) to the Theatre field of New York State.